Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad call quality on iPhone 5c

Hey guys

I got some serious problems with the call quality of my iPhone. During a call I understand all callers really clear, but they have some serious problems understanding me.

As far as I know there were some similar problems with the iPhone 5, but did enyone experience similar / the same problems with an iPhone 5C or 5S? See link

http://www.iphone5callquality.com/

Thanks in advance for your help!

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.3, Bad Call Quality

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 6:33 AM

10 replies

Nov 15, 2013 8:55 AM in response to joel.schmid

I have the same problem. I am in Germany, with T-Mobile. New 5s. When making a call, I can hear the other person pretty well (depending on my and their reception), but nearly all of them complain that I am hard to understand or that they don’t understand me at all. My SIM in an iPhone 5 seems to work fine. Another SIM from another carrer in my phone seems to create the same problem.

So I figured the phone was broken and asked for a replacement. Got a new one, problem is still exactly the same. I did all the usual stuff (reset, clean install, deactive data/wifi etc.), nothing seems to be doing anything about the problem.

Fact is: iPhone 5s is close to unusable for me right now. It’s a phone and I can barely make calls. And I am not even talking about the problem, that the battery barely lasts a day.

Nov 21, 2013 5:48 AM in response to joel.schmid

I am (iphone newbie) trying this solution: NOISE REDUCTION OFF

Evidently Apple ships the device with NR ON. Before you waste a bunch of time and energy swapping and 😠, try some calls with NR OFF. This is from the user manual:

Phone noise cancellation

iPhone uses ambient noise cancellation to reduce background noise.

Turn noise cancellation on or off. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Phone Noise Cancellation

Nov 21, 2013 1:23 PM in response to joel.schmid

To summarize it:

did i miss something? is something not right`?

Bad call quality on iPhone 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.