Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.pdf files in iBooks on my iPad don't show in iBooks on my iMac. Why?

when i installed iBooks on my iMac, only my purchased books show in the library. PDF files I stored in iBooks on my iPad are not showing. Any ideas how I sync the pdf files? They use a common Apple ID and I use iCloud for the iPad backup.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 9:51 AM

Well, here it is two years later and I don't see any replies. Maybe I'm just not looking correctly... Anyway, last night I opened a PDF on my iPad Air and it asked if I wanted to read it in iBooks. I did so and went about my business. This morning I opened iBooks on my iMac and - that file was not there. Books that I'd purchased months and months ago were, but not that PDF. TO avoid spending a ton of time researching it, I simply went back to that URL this time on my iMac in Safari, opened the PDF, saved it to my documents folder, and then dragged and dropped it on the iBooks icon. Now it is there, but it was a PITA.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2015 9:51 AM in response to NJipaderic

Well, here it is two years later and I don't see any replies. Maybe I'm just not looking correctly... Anyway, last night I opened a PDF on my iPad Air and it asked if I wanted to read it in iBooks. I did so and went about my business. This morning I opened iBooks on my iMac and - that file was not there. Books that I'd purchased months and months ago were, but not that PDF. TO avoid spending a ton of time researching it, I simply went back to that URL this time on my iMac in Safari, opened the PDF, saved it to my documents folder, and then dragged and dropped it on the iBooks icon. Now it is there, but it was a PITA.

.pdf files in iBooks on my iPad don't show in iBooks on my iMac. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.