Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reduced functionality in the new Numbers?

I started using Numbers not so long ago as a way of keeping track of and filing my expenses. Thought it was great, was perfect for what I needed. However after the upgrade I've been immediately frustrated by a handful of small but hindering features that have changed or gone missing that are slowing down my workflow.

Can anybody shed any light on the following?:

- Where is the auto complete feature? I found this increadibly helpful before and now it appears to have gone? I have seen that it is possible to use categories, but it doesn't look like that this would be as quick or as flexible as auto complete.

- Copy and paste - If I copy and paste from Numbers into another document (I have an InDesisgn template that I am required to use) Numbers now introduces a 'return' before the content, shifting all the content in my Indesign table. It means extra work for me to correct the formatting of the document before I can use it, where before there was none needed.

- Copy and paste - This one is the really annoying one. I used to be able to copy multiple columns from Numbers and paste them directly into Indesign table columns. Now, all the content pastes into a single column, which is absoultely useless. I have to copy each column individually instead of the whole table.

So, now I have to type the whole spreadsheet out manually, copy and paste column by column, row by row, and reformat anything copied from Numbers into another document.

This update has made my workflow entirely sluggish and frustrating! Please can anyone help?

is there a way to contact Apple directly about this?

Thank you!

Numbers-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 6:27 AM

You can use the menu item "Numbers > Provide Numbers Feedback" to provide you opinion to Apple

1 reply

Reduced functionality in the new Numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.