Skip navigation

New iMac~iMovie burning

680 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 8:14 AM by darlenerouge RSS
darlenerouge Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 11, 2013 7:27 AM

Just bought a brand new 27" all n One iMac. iMovie DVD burning? I made the movie and burned to disc and it won't play on my home TV? what do I do? I used DVD -R, DVD +R and a CD they all show disc error on my tv. It can be viewed via internet only. I need to see it on TV's. I make movies fro family and friends to watch on their tv's and I also make movies for people who have passed to play at the funeral. I am so disappointed that iMovie has changed so much and there is no longer iDVD.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), iMac OS X Mnt. Lion (10.8.5)
  • Alan Cook2 Level 3 Level 3 (875 points)
    Nov 11, 2013 7:31 AM (in response to darlenerouge)

If you have iDVD on your iMac you can burn movies you created in iMovie 10 to DVD:

In iMovie 10 go to File>Share>File, choose the size (probably should choose either SD or Large) then click Next, give it a name, then click Save (remember where you saved it to).

Wait until the Activity Indicator shows that the sharing process is complete.

Go to iDVD. Go to File>Import>Video and select the file you created earlier. It will bring the video into your iDVD project. Prepare your DVD project and when you're ready, click the "Burn" button.

iDVD is no longer officially supported by Apple, but it still works great.

• QuickTimeKirk Level 8 Level 8 (47,350 points)
    Nov 11, 2013 7:49 AM (in response to darlenerouge)

New iMacs don't have a DVD drive or burner.

What third party external device are you using?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.