Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Early 2008 Macbook Pro, BootCamp 5 and Windows 7 Professional

I have an early 2008 macbook pro that I am trying to install windows 7 profession on so I can use my Sewing maching with my computer. I have been trying to about 8 weeks now with no luck. I have done every possible update that there is but nothing works. Now I have OS X 10.9 and Bootcamp 5 when I try to create the partition I get two messages the first: Download Windows 7 Support Software This Mac only supports Windows 7. Do you want to continue?... I click Continue Then: Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server. PLEASE HELP!!!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 7:33 AM

2 replies

Jan 17, 2014 9:58 AM in response to jebennett89

im having the same issue... start up bootcamp, "only support windows 7" message then "support software not available" message

went online to apple.com and downloaded the support software for my mac book pro (early 2008 15") and just tried to "install windows 7"... it partitioned the drive and restarted, i had my windows cd in my drive..... "no bootable device found" same thing when i restarted holding "option" and clicked on the cd. its not a "defective cd" ive tried 3 different ones

Early 2008 Macbook Pro, BootCamp 5 and Windows 7 Professional

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.