Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I print the entire thread of a conversation in Mail anymore? It only wants to print the last person's response.

Why can't I print the entire thread of a conversation in Mail anymore? It only wants to print the last person's response.

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 8:29 AM

In the right mail menu (list of emails) expend by clicking on the triangle to show each email thread. Select the thread you want to print. Now, the all email with the whole conversation should be printing. Cheers,

7 replies

Dec 19, 2013 10:49 PM in response to lil-g

Threads are now grouped, with the most current on top. If you look at the most recent, there will be a couple lines of the email, followed by See More from xxxxx. If you try to print this, you'll only get these few lines and the "See more...". It used to be that you could print everything in the email, now you can't.

Or so it would seem. TPTMac's solution above works perfectly. As you are looking at the list of emails, for those which are threaded, there is a number in a rounded rectangle on the right side of the email. Click on that number, and the email will expand to show each of the emails in the thread. Select the email you want to print, and you will see that all the text of the entire thread is there to print in the view screen on the right.

Hope this helps! And thanks, TPTMac. I can't tell you enough how grateful I am you found this solution. Even our IT guys didn't know this trick.

Jan 22, 2015 9:24 AM in response to dizneykids

I guess I am a little thick.

I have this problem, episodically, only. But, when I do, I can never figure out WHY I am having a problem.

I have never clicked on the number and double down arrow to open a thread, before. However, I am, the majority of the time, able to print the whole thread. I hit PRINT and the whole thread shows up in the Print Preview. Hit Print and out the thread comes in as one document.

This morning, I can't make that happen, even after trying the upper right corner number thing. It gives me a list. If I click on the most recent, it only prints that one. If I use my Shift key and select them all, I CAN print them all, but only as single docs.

What am I missing? And, if you know, why does it not happen all the time? Again, having never used the upper right corner number deal before.

Thank you.

Randy

Jan 22, 2015 9:30 AM in response to getrtg

Ah, I found a solution. Hit the Forward arrow on the latest (top) email. All show up in the thread, as a string of emails. I hit Print and it appears as a single thread Print Preview. Hit print and the thread is printed as one thread.

BUT, I also have to select all emails in the thread using the top right number and doing a Shift select for each email. Then I get the whole bunch to print as one thread, one document.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.