Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Purchased Apps To The App Store

I purchased a few apps directly from the developer's websites, and, later on, I noticed that these apps are on the App Store, but not on my list of purchased products. Is there a way to add them to my list of purchased products, because I did purchase them, just not through the App Store.

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 7:51 AM

2 replies

Nov 11, 2013 8:06 AM in response to Community User

Not that I know of. Sometimes the Apps in the App store may carry the same name yet be slightly different, like including or excluding updates the developer has introduced. That in itself would pose problems.

Don't forget, if an app becomes a problem, Apple will tell you to sort it out with the developer anyway. The only time they would get involved is if it failed to function and a refund became necessary.

Nov 11, 2013 8:11 AM in response to Community User

As far as I have ever known, anything purchased and distributed ad hoc by a developer is considered a separate and independent sale from anything in the Apple store. So the developer would need to give you a redemption code for the in-store version to get it without paying, as the store has no record of a developers ad hoc distributions.

Adding Purchased Apps To The App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.