Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speak Selection speed issue

The "Speak selection" function reads way TOO FAST, regardless of the selected speed. Does anyone else have this issue?

(I have an iphone 5 updated to IOS 7.0.3)

Many thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 8:18 AM

7 replies

Mar 16, 2014 11:02 AM in response to JPru20

Yes!

I was looking at an iPad2 User Guide. This is something that I found:

Restarting and Resetting iPad

If something isn’t working right, try restarting iPad, force quitting an app, or resetting iPad.

Restart iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider to turn off iPad. To turn iPad back on, press and hold the Sleep/Wake until the Apple logo appears.

Force quit an app: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPad for a few seconds until a red slider appears, then press and hold the Home button until the app quits.

If you can’t turn off iPad or if the problem continues, you may need to reset iPad. This should be done only if turning iPad off and on doesn’t resolve the problem.

Reset iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

iPad Still Doesn’t Respond After Reset

Reset iPad settings. From the Home screen choose Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. All your settings are reset, but your data and media aren’t deleted.

If that doesn’t work, erase all content on iPad. See “Resetting iPad” on page 162.

If that doesn’t work, restore the iPad software. See “Removing a Backup” on page 182.

This is from http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1569/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

I had tried to reset my iPad many times. So, I reset iPad settings (in yellow). This reset to my default setting, but did not delete my data or media.

It should work similarly for an iPhone.

Speak Selection speed issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.