Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari address bar not updating from search query to URL. Search query stays. Any ideas?

Safari address bar not updating from search query to URL. Search query stays. Any ideas?

1) When I type a search query in the address bar and hit enter...

2) I am taken to the search engine's search results...

3) I click on a result and am taken to the URL...

4) PROBLEM: The original search query term stays in the address bar instead of updating with the chosen URL...

This is an issue because: I search, "Test" and choose a link for Speedtest.net. When I arrive and the resulting page ... the address bar still shows, "Test" and not the site's URL that I have navigated to.

I have tested this with bing and google as my chosen Safari search engine and I get the same results.

I have messed around with Safari's preferences (Safari 6.1 on OSX 10.7.5) but there is no option to update the URL while navigating. THis has to be part of a recent update because I never had this issue prior to this past week.

Any ideas?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Safari 6.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 11:14 AM

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.