Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot import iMovie 10 projects in Final Cut Pro X

Hi there,

I am using iMovie 10 (latest MAverick update) and i cannot import projects/events created here in Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9. When i go into FCPX File -) Import -> iMovie Project, a windows opens with iMovie Projects folder, which contains only one grey file: UpdatedToiMovie10.

None of my iMovie projects are there. I have even created new projects from scratch, using new media and try to import them in FCPX but without success.

Any idea why ?

Regards,

Simion

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 9:44 AM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2014 6:36 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I'm wondering - has this been fixed as part of FCP 10.1? I have a ton of footage on a Drobo from old iMovie versions (prior to iMovie 10), I've upgraded, and with the right way to import and manage the media. Since it seems to package everything, I'm almost wondering if before I even get into iMovie 10, if it is a good time to just jump ship and go to FCP 10.1

Feb 15, 2014 6:54 AM in response to GaryFL1

That second sentence didnt make sense - basically I am trying to understand the best way to manage the media without duplicating files, and putting myself in a situation where if I go to an iMovie 10 format (of packaged libraries), would I have problems lter if I went to FCP from a media organization standpoint?

Cannot import iMovie 10 projects in Final Cut Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.