Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Desktop 3.7 and VNC

I recently did a software update on my laptop running Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and it updated my Remote Desktop to 3.7. Now I cannot connect to nay of our clients when they booted onto the Windows partitions.

There seems to be a glitch with connecting to VNC connections. I keep getting messages referring to Rmote Login not being enabled. If I run Remote desktop on another Mac that has not been upgraded to 3.7, all of the VNC connections work just fine.

Has anyone esle experienced this?

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 9:30 AM

3 replies

Nov 11, 2013 9:38 AM in response to Javier Huerta

Javier Huerta wrote:

I recently did a software update on my laptop running Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and it updated my Remote Desktop to 3.7. Now I cannot connect to nay of our clients when they booted onto the Windows partitions.

There seems to be a glitch with connecting to VNC connections. I keep getting messages referring to Rmote Login not being enabled. If I run Remote desktop on another Mac that has not been upgraded to 3.7, all of the VNC connections work just fine.

Javier Huerta wrote:

Remote Desktop also suggestes disabling "Encrypt All Network Data", but when I do that I can connect to the VNC comnnections but I cannot control that connection. I can only view.

Dec 2, 2013 7:02 AM in response to AppleJason

The only soulution I have is what I had read from other users. That is to go into the ARD prefes and change the following.

Controlling computers:

Encrypt passwords and keystokes only (instead of Encrypt all data)

Then you have to click either Observe or control before connecting to a client. Although, the one main thing I have noticed with this is that once connected to the client (especially in the observe mode), you can't readily switch back an forth between control and observe. You need to disconnect and re-select one of them, and then re-connect to the client. Kind of a pian, but it still works.

Remote Desktop 3.7 and VNC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.