Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video playback is GREEN in timeline sequence!!??!! Please Help!!!

I did a full and complete new install onto my new SSD hard drive, and in all of any project session sequences, the footage is showing up GREEN!!? The audio from the sequence all works fine, but the picture won't show.

I did all the updates, and there is nothing new for me to update.

I also have some weird codec's showing up in my sequence settings pull down menu (see attached pic below). I think this is part of the problem, as I've never seen these before.

Also, The codec that i'm needing, is not showing up (XDCAM EX 1080p 30)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

BTW - i'm using FCP 7.0.3 running on Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 10:02 AM

13 replies

Nov 11, 2013 10:44 AM in response to LEKOVISION

FYI, these projects ran no problem when I had my previous OS hard drive, as well, these projects still do open up properly when connected to my Macbook Pro. So i know it's not a problem with the session / session files.

It's something in the install or Final Cut Pro 7 itself.

I've never seen such jibberish listed in the Codec drop down menu before.

Something is screwy....any further help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance!!

Nov 12, 2013 6:39 AM in response to LEKOVISION

I'm having the exact same problem. I too just purchased an SSD drive and reinstalled all my software. After re-formatting my drive and re-installing FCP Studio twice I did something different. The third time, I tried to open my project file immediately after installing FCP studio. It played fine, and the HDV codec were normal. Then I did the software update as prompted to 7.0.3 and my codecs changed like yours did above and I get the green screen again. I'm not sure if we will here from Apple considering we are considered dinosaurs for still being on Snow Leopard.

So I'm going to re-install FCP Studio and put off doing the update until someone can answer our question.

Nov 12, 2013 10:49 AM in response to LEKOVISION

I did re-format my drive and re-loaded FCP Studio. Everything plays fine without the green screen and the codecs display correctly.

When I looked at what the (2) Pro apps updates do to take us to 7.0.3, I noticed that among other things it updates codecs. Obviously when it updates the codecs for those of us using 10.6.8, something goes wrong. And we get the odd codec screen you displayed above.

I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'm up and running (business as usual) with 7.0.

Jan 20, 2014 4:27 AM in response to LEKOVISION

I also have this problem. I've just received a work machine back which had an upgrade to iOS 10.7.5 and I'm getting the exact same symptoms as you describe above. However, the problem isn't confined to just FCP in my case. I am also running Premiere CS6 and the footage is also green across all XDCAM EX source footage. In addition, the weird naming assignments for the XDCAM EX dropdown settings also appears the same way in Adobe Media Encoder.

I've downloaded Sony Media Transfer software.

If you are experiencing the same problem then I would assume that this is more of an iOS operatin system bug rather than simply being confined to FCP.

If anyone has an update for a fix to this I'd be very interested to hear this.

Jan 20, 2014 8:54 AM in response to eShov

did you try reinstalling the sony fcp transfer plug in?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2721

Just remember you're pushing the envelope upgrading OS with FCP7. I'd always recommend that you clone your startup drive before doing this kind of update so you can return the system to it's working state if there are problems.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2494

If you do some searching here, you'll see threads from people with the same problem and some possible solutions/work arounds.

Video playback is GREEN in timeline sequence!!??!! Please Help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.