Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to remove apps from itunes 11.1.3.8 and there appears no way to do this :-(

I want to remove apps from itunes 11.1.3.8 and there appears no way to do this :-(

Which is really bad because the app is one I made the mistake of downloading and it is the wrong one too !

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 7:51 AM

Hi Kirkbarrow Garage,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

See this article for the steps to delete apps from your iTunes library:

How to delete content you've downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5772

Mac or PC

Before you delete, find out if you'll be able to download the app you deleted again (it depends on where you live).

1. Launch iTunes.
  2. From the Library pop-up menu, choose Apps.
  3. Click the app you want to delete.
  4. Press the Delete key on your keyboard.

Best,

Jeremy

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2013 7:51 AM in response to Kirkbarrow Garage

Hi Kirkbarrow Garage,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

See this article for the steps to delete apps from your iTunes library:

How to delete content you've downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5772

Mac or PC

Before you delete, find out if you'll be able to download the app you deleted again (it depends on where you live).

1. Launch iTunes.
  2. From the Library pop-up menu, choose Apps.
  3. Click the app you want to delete.
  4. Press the Delete key on your keyboard.

Best,

Jeremy

Jan 2, 2014 3:11 AM in response to Kirkbarrow Garage

Yes I see this post has been viewed over 2,000 times already and there isn't an answer. I've just upgraded to the 5S iphone and all of my old apps are still in the list and I cannot delete them from iTunes. I can delete them from my phone individually but everytime I sync they re-appear. I can't stop this from happening - I need to delete them from iTunes. Please can you look into this as the above does not work.

Cheers.

Jan 3, 2014 3:29 PM in response to jeremy_v

Hi Jeremy,

Maybe you can help me with my issue? When I first started using iTunes I learned that it was like a "master console". When synced with a device, the library of iTunes on your computer would be loaded onto the device, and they would MATCH. If "sync only checked items" was selected then checked items would be loaded. Easy.

Does this not happen anymore? It seems I am able to completely delete an app from my iTunes library AND computer, yet the app remains on my iPhone after syncing.

I spent a lot of time clearing out unwanted apps from iTunes and my computer, yet they still appear on my iPhone after sync. Do I really have to do this process manually on my iPhone as well? It is very strange that in iTunes->iPhone->Apps on the right it shows a picture of my apps in my iPhone that have been deleted from my iTunes library, yet they are not listed on the left. I have verified that indeed these apps are on my iPhone, and also nowhere in my computer and not in my iTunes library. So I cannot remove them from the iPhone using this tab even if I wanted to.

Is there a way to do this house-cleaning more efficiently? Doing it on the device is time-consuming, and I don't want my computer and iTunes library cluttered either. I want to be able to organize my library one time, and have that pushed/synced to all applicable devices. Seems like a no-brainer to me from a service perspective.

Thank you for info or links to info.

Edited to add specs: iPhone 4S, iTunes 11.1.3.8, iOS 7.0.4

Feb 21, 2014 8:12 PM in response to burnspammers

Hello Everybody:

I was just wondering if anyone found a solution to this problem? Every time I connect to iTunes my iPhone fills back up with apps that I no longer need or want. I want to delete them off of iTunes and have them come off of my iPhone as well. It seems like no matter which one I delete them off of, they always come back. I'm just hoping that someone has found a solution to this and will reply letting us all know how to proceed. Every time I connect it seems like I use more space and memory on my iPhone. I just downloaded the new IOS update and it took forever.

Please respond if you know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks so much.

REG89

Feb 26, 2014 8:39 PM in response to Kirkbarrow Garage

The "Pop Up" is really just the small box, underneath the "File, Edit, View" Bar, it probably has a blue musical note and says "Music" If you click it, several options will appear, one of which is "Apps", this is where you go to remove the Apps from your computer. Then delete off of your phone and you will never see them again.

Feb 27, 2014 2:47 PM in response to RealEstateGuy89

This worked for me:

1. Connect iPhone to iTunes
  2. Select iPhone under devices in the left hand panel
  3. Select Apps in the menu
  4. Find the App to delete in the list and select Remove
  5. Then go to Apps under the Library in the left hand pane
  6. Select the App you want to delete and right click
  7. Select Show in Finder
  8. The Finder window will open and the ipa file will be highlighted - now right click and Move to Trash
  9. Back in iTunes the App icon will still be highlighted - right click and select delete
  10. This permanently deleted Apps for me - even after syncing

You can complete numbers 1 - 4 by just deleting the App on the phone not connected to iTunes and start at 5. However, I just found it easier to do eveything systematically in ITunes with the phone connected because I had lots to remove and wanted to sync in between to make sure the unwanted Apps had really gone for good!

Also If you have more than one device with the same App remember to delete it from the other device too or it will re-appear next time you sync the second device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.