Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook air 13 inch mid 2012 screen flickering after power down throughout the night

When I turned my mac on this morning, the screen started to flicker for no apparent reason! At first it lost brightness (not complete loss of screen) on the bottom left corner (about 40% of the screen in its entirety). Now, after around 10 minutes of being "on", its gone away! Im not one to be caught with a broken computer when I mayve been able to fix it in its early stages, Id rather get a solution asap.

As Im typing, the flickering seems to come and go (bit like a women's anger when suffering with pms!) Anyway, I scanned (and deleted relevant stuff) my mac with CleanMyMac 2 just to see if it was an overloaded hard drive issue but its still happening! Can anyone help?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 7.0.3, Its actually Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 11:13 AM

2 replies

Nov 11, 2013 3:13 PM in response to Cazpah13

Lets drop the sexist remarks since they're irrelevant for diagnosis 😉

,......but your GPU could be damaged as per your indications.

Perform one test before making a call to Apple for in shop full diagnostic and possible logic brd. replacement.

SMC reset:

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    Note
    : The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC

And no, your SSD (your Air doesnt have a hard drive) would not cause such an occurrence.

If still the same contact Apple for in shop full diagnostic and repair.

Peace 😊

MacBook air 13 inch mid 2012 screen flickering after power down throughout the night

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.