Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 4th gen ipod touch. Since I won't be able to upgrade to 7, should I not update apps?

I have a 4th gen iPod Touch. Since I won't be able to upgrade to iOS7, should I avoid updating apps? The app update notices I am receiving state the updates are to be compatible with iOS7.

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 1:37 PM

The iPod will prevent you from install apps and app updates that require iOS7. Recently that have been problems with 4G iPod giving a bade indicating that update were available but when you went to the update section of the App Store app no updates were listed. That was due to an error on Apple's parts since the app updates were only compatible with iOS 7.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2013 1:37 PM in response to AnnasCat

The iPod will prevent you from install apps and app updates that require iOS7. Recently that have been problems with 4G iPod giving a bade indicating that update were available but when you went to the update section of the App Store app no updates were listed. That was due to an error on Apple's parts since the app updates were only compatible with iOS 7.

I have a 4th gen ipod touch. Since I won't be able to upgrade to 7, should I not update apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.