Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S plays music for 5 seconds on a dock then stops sending audio

Hi. My first time in an Apple Community. My 4S plays music through headphones ok but if I connect it to a dock (Wadia 170i), the music plays for 5 seconds then stops. It's the same whether Spotify, Audible (talking books), BBC iPlayer etc. So whether streamed or stored on the iphone, same result. It's important to note that the iPhone continues to 'play' though the sound no longer seems to be sent through the dock. It could be a dock problem but it's so simple I find that hard to accept since it has no problem with an iPod. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Thanks. Paul

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 2:10 PM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2013 10:39 AM in response to sound_freak

Hello sound_freak,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing when connecting your iPod to your your Wadia 170i dock. I recommend reviewing the article below to further isolate and troubleshoot an issue like this (you can skip any steps you have already taken):

Troubleshooting iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch accessories

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2634

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

My iPhone 4S plays music for 5 seconds on a dock then stops sending audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.