Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with latest itunes update 11.1.3.8

since updating to the latest itunes 11.1.3.8 version on my PC i am unable to connect to any of my devices (ipad, ipod and apple tv) via home sharing steaming. It says there is a network connection error -3212. i've uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. i've checked all my network connections cannot find anything. luckly i have an eariler version of itunes on my laptop and it is working perfectly no problems with home sharing and streaming, so it must be a problem related to the latest itunes update.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Windows 7

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 2:46 PM

8 replies

Nov 13, 2013 1:52 PM in response to cshapp

Hey cshapp,

Thanks for the question. I understand you are experiencing issues with Home Sharing and connectivity. The following articles may help to resolve your issue:

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3297

"Error 3000" through "3999"

Alerts with codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, or due to your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try removing the proxy settings, or using a known-good network. If that does not resolve the issue, follow iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.

Additional Information:

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2972

Thanks,

Matt M.

Jan 26, 2014 10:08 AM in response to cshapp

I had terrible problems trying to install latest version of ITunes on my PC and finally gave up and did a system restore to 12 hours earlier and that fixed the problem. I'm refusing the latest update until something is by Apple. i'm not computer savvy enough to try and install and fix it myself. i kept getting error messages, tried to re-install ITunes and it would give me all kinds of error messages on the re-install so I wash my hands of it until Apple fixes it.

Jan 28, 2014 8:22 AM in response to cshapp

I too continue to have multiple problems after installing the latest iTues update. Including C++ Library errors (from Windows 7 operating system). And it's on every PC I try it with. I provide support for a lot of PC's...so far every PC I try the update with has caused major problems with the operating systems besides trashing iTunes itself.

On my 4th attempt to update iTunes, this one one of my own laptops (Windows 7 again), I had to do a system restore to get most of the application working again. I'm still working on a few apps that need to be reinstalled. On another desktop PC the user had already tried to fix it himself...which caused a whole bunch of issued on top of the lousy iTunes update.

I've been working on that one for 2 days now. I'm going to have to COMPLETLY remove iTunes and ALL of the associated components then try reinstalling it from scratch. Of course this will probably wipe out any PLAYLISTS the user had...and there were about 100 or more of those. It will be a week or so just to get things restored back to a time BEFORE the iTunes update fowled everything up.

Who ever Apple has writing the code for this update ought to be fired.

Feb 1, 2014 9:51 AM in response to cshapp

I am also having problems with the latest iTunes update. I am running version 11.1.3.8. When I attempted to update to the latest version, which I believe is version 11.1.4, I received a download error during the download. And then iTunes would no longer "open."

I tried uninstalling and re-installing from the Apple site, but it did not work.

I did a computer restore and now iTunes is working again.

Does anyone have a answer as to what is happening here?

Feb 1, 2014 11:36 AM in response to practicalpaul

I finally got the latest iTunes installed...here is how I did it.

Eventually I found out 2 major things..and both from the Apple website:

• One...the fact that YOU MUST UNINSTALL iTunes AND ALL OTHER COMPONENTS that iTunes uses BEFORE installing the latest version yourself.
  • Two: MOST IMPORTANTLY...it is the ORDER IN WHICH YOU MUST UNINSTALL ALL the various compoents that iTunes uses AND REBOOT your system BEFORE trying to install the latest iTunes.

The order goes like this:

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and THEN restart your computer...(but not before all are uninstalled):

1. iTunes (but DO NO'T REBOOT YOUR SYSTEM UNTIL ALL THE REST IS UNINSTALLED)
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Important: Uninstalling these components in a different order, or only uninstalling some of these components may have unintended affects. (in other words it will NOT work).

In addition to the above I also uninstalled iCloud...I really don't know if that made any difference but everything worked after this and I was able to install the latest version of iTunes.

Hope you have as much success and less frustration than I did 😉

Problem with latest itunes update 11.1.3.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.