Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerpoint Text Boxes act weird after Mavericks Update!

Hi guys!

Since I got mavercicks my text boxes in Powerpoint went crazy.

Anytime I try to select one of them I directly edit the tex inside, I mean, a simple click on the borders, a selction who selects a single box, or whatever, starts automatically the text edit inside.

So I can't move the box anymore. For moving them I'm obliged either to select more than one textbox or to go to "object property" and digit the horizontal and vertical positioning.

All of this is very annoying.

Does anybody encounter the same issue ? Is there any possibilities to reset powerpoint preferences ?

Thanks in advance for help!

Ric

p.s. I'd like to avoid a clean install...everythingelse works just fine!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9), 500 GB HD

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 4:43 PM

I have this problem too, dont wate yout time with a clean downlaod - it does not fix the problem.

14 replies

Jul 15, 2014 2:36 AM in response to riiiic

This was driving me nuts and I found this...

Select an object (with text selected inside the object).ESC

here...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerpoint-help/keyboard-shortcuts-for-working -with-shapes-text-boxes-and-wordart-HA010354756.aspx

Not obvious but if you click in the text box and then hit escape you can do stuff like resize text for the whole box, nudge the box, etc.

Hope that helps.

JP

Powerpoint Text Boxes act weird after Mavericks Update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.