Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP7 Serial Number invalid

Final Cut Pro 7 (Studio upgrade from 2.2, up through 5.1 and several Pro upgrages and patches since then) now asks for Serial Number after upgrading to Mavericks. The old original Serial Numbers do not work. Does anyone know how to get FCP7 working again? I still use it, and have many plugins I need that don't exist in FCPX. Despair.... Upgrading to Mavericks has cause one problem after another.

App Store & Account Profile

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 3:02 PM

5 replies

Nov 11, 2013 4:24 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Thanks. I'm not installing it. I've been running it for years. After upgrading to Mavericks, when I try to run it, I now get a prompt for my name, company name and serial number. I've gone through several upgrades and ProApp patch upgrades since version 5.2. Those were downloadable. The last one I remember upgrading to had its own serial number, but asked me for to enter the old one too. I really don't know the serial number to put in anymore. It will not accept the serial number I have attached to the Installation booklet, nor the one from version 2.2 (I've been a licensed user for almost a decade). I have the same problem with Shake and Color (probably all the older versions of Studio). I also have upgraded to the newer FCPX, Motion, Logic, etc. I use both, but most of my plugins work only under the older FCP7 version.

How can I get the FCP7 version of Final Cut Studio working again in Mavericks?

Nov 11, 2013 7:53 PM in response to babylonslim

Thanks for the response. Ten years was a slight exaggeration. Only slight though, but I think it was in 2003 or 2004. Original version was 2.1 or 2.2 I think.

I think the original OS was 9. It still had the older GUI that you could run within the OS. At that time, it was a G3 or G4. I've upgraded machines several times since then, switching to Intel when it became available. This is the third Intel MacPro tower system I've run it on (3.1.8, 3.57 GHz, 24G RAM, dual quad-core). I've moved the disks from an older Intel system into the newer one, and have done that each time I'd gotten a newer bigger Intel system.

I updated, upgraded FCP each time, eventually repurchasing the package with both PowerPC and Intel packages (I think that was version 5.1), and continued upgrades via downloadable upgrades since.

I did not try to open both at once. Just the older version (not FCPX). Prior to upgrading to Mavericks, the application worked, and did not ask for the serial number to run. After upgrading to Mavericks, it now asks for the serial number, and none of the serial numbers I have attached as stickers on the Installation brochures which came with the installable media are accepted as valid serial numbers.

Hope I'm making sense.

FCP7 Serial Number invalid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.