Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP. :'( Sims 3 messed up my Mac Desktop?

okay, so last night I bought sims 3 from origin.com for 31.99 and downloaded it and installed it fine and played it till like 6am. Then this morning I played it for a couple more hours and all of a sudden my Mac just shut off. I had to press the power button to turn it back on. I had to wait like 3 to 5 minutes until I could put my password in, and then when I got to my desktop, my background was gone, it's was the default background, the origin app wasn't responding, and I can't open up minecraft, I can go on google, I can't go on the App Store, anything internet related, it loads for forever and doesn't do anything. I can open up folders, pictures, notepad all fine but nothing internet related! WHAT IS GOING ON??! :(

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 3:02 PM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2013 8:34 PM in response to baltwo

Well, I shut down my computer, then unplugged it from the wall and from the back of the computer, then waited like 5 minutes and plugged it all back and turned it on. Then it was all fine. Worked perfectly fine. Then today, 5 days later without playing sims once, its doing the same thing. So i unplugged it and all, but this time it didnt work. Whats goin on? D:

Nov 17, 2013 3:39 PM in response to Dootdoot867

I've not a clue, except it appears that the game is resetting some NVRAM/PRAM setting, which is mucking up the machine. These usually fix it: Reseting the NVRAM/PRAM and Reseting the SMC, which is what you've been doing. Either contact the game developer and see they have some clues or contact Apple's Support, formerly Apple Express Lane and see what they say.

HELP. :'( Sims 3 messed up my Mac Desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.