Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage "Message Failed to Send" but it did. . . .

For the past 3 days, when I try to send an iMessage, I get a notification saying "Message Failed to Send" yet the message did go thru. So, every time I send a message, I get this annoying notification back, but all my texts are going thru. I have a 5 with the latest update and I'm on AT&T. I've tried turning iMessage off and then on, restarting the phone, signing out of iMessage and back in, no luck. My husband, sister, mother and a friend are all having the same problem. Any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 4:23 PM

Been having the exact same issue for the same amount of time.

14 replies

Jan 29, 2014 7:15 AM in response to hillaryedrn

I had the same problem this morning. I am using an iphone5S with the most up to date iOS installed and an iPad Mini with the latest iOS. Yesterday I was on a Southwest Airlines flight, and I used their new iMessage service during the flight. Not sure if that was involved.

The solution was to "log out" of iMessage on both devices. This is not as simple as closing the app. You need to go into "settings - Messages" and then turn off iMessage. Do this on all of your devices. Wait about 1 min. Then turn them on 1 by 1.

When I did this, I started getting messages that "xxx" email address was now using iMessage.

Problem solved.

Hope this helps.

Jul 7, 2015 5:02 PM in response to jmitch9

I am having issues of not being able to send iMessages to people as well. I have done all the steps as stated by jmitch9 and none of them have worked. I am in the US and my carrier is AT&T. I didn't have this issue until today. I have turned off my iMessage on my iPad mini and my iPhone 5s several times with no luck. I have reset my network setting several times and signed out and in of Apple ID so much they probably think I'm a hacker of some sort! Lol Still to no avail. Are there any other suggestions before I have to do a factory reset? PLEASE HELP!!!

Sep 15, 2016 6:58 AM in response to hillaryedrn

It seems this happens mostly with older phones. I have a 6s Plus and never experienced the issue, And have a few friends with 4 and 4s iPhones that have the same trouble. I would recommend getting at least a 5s, Due to it having better connection with more LTE bands and such. Older phones such as the 4 might not have the hardware to keep up with the very updated software and/or cell towers.

Dec 27, 2016 10:49 PM in response to SyncedCyberSoul

SyncedCyberSoul wrote:

It seems this happens mostly with older phones. I have a 6s Plus and never experienced the issue, And have a few friends with 4 and 4s iPhones that have the same trouble. I would recommend getting at least a 5s, Due to it having better connection with more LTE bands and such. Older phones such as the 4 might not have the hardware to keep up with the very updated software and/or cell towers.

Not true, I've had it happen with my 5s and yes running the iOS.

iMessage "Message Failed to Send" but it did. . . .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.