Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store on iPhone has wrong email address

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 4:22 PM

Tap Settings > ITunes and App Store then tap Apple ID > Sign Out

Then sign back in with the correct Apple ID.

Keep in mind, any content purchased from the original Apple ID will not be available after changing to another Apple ID.

16 replies

Dec 20, 2013 7:43 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi Carolyn,

I was having the same issue: Everywhere on my phone, I am logged in under my email address (Apple User ID). However, when trying to update apps, my girlfriend's email still pops up as Apple User ID, and i'm not given an option to change it. I've gone to both ICloud and ITunes and App Store, signed out (even though my email was already in as the User ID), and signed back in, but to no avail. Super inconvenient and confusing. Do I have to do a Restore?

Apr 3, 2014 10:39 AM in response to Jlunger

This does not work on my iPhone -- my correct Apple ID shows on the iTunes & App Store, but when I go to update, the "sign In to iTunes Store" pops up with my wife's email id (this was her phone previously, but in January I restored my old phone to this one and inserted my SIM card and everything has been OK until now).

So how do I change the "Sign In to iTunes Store" to disply my Apple ID instead of hers?

May 13, 2014 10:48 PM in response to Richard twf

I have the same issue I think. On my settings on my iPad, I have the correct email user id for me. However when I try to update my apps, the iTunes Store email user id that comes up is my husband's. The only thing I can figure out is that I charged my iPad on the computer and it somehow synced with his iTunes Store email user id. Now I can't get rid of his email user id on my iPad and I can't update any apps. I have signed in and out of my iPad with my email user I'd several times but that didn't help at all. Any ideas?

Sep 26, 2014 3:43 PM in response to Jlunger

The solution is found: When you go into your iPhone to update apps, some apps are there that were NOT put there by me and not PURCHASED by me. When I updated the IOS, (to 8.0) they were new apps on my iPhone that we're somehow associated with an email address that I didn't recognize. I found the difference by noticing that many of my apps were updated to the latest version but when I clicked on others, it wanted a password that was associated with an email address I DIDN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE! The solution is to delete every app that can't update from off your phone. Then, if you want any of them back, re-install them from the APP store. This fixed my problem even though I have no idea why those apps showed up on my phone after the update from APPLE and then syncing with my computer? One possibility is that I have a friend who I also sync his phone on my computer because he doesn't have a computer; and maybe somehow his apps were loaded onto my phone? I'm not sure. But it's easy to fix if you just delete the apps associated with another email address.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.