Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i sync itunes to my ipod not all the songs go to my ipod but do play on itunes

when i sync itunes to my ipod not all the songs go to my ipod but do play on itunes

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 5:09 PM

9 replies

Nov 13, 2013 2:55 PM in response to Kalinimbus

- If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

- If you restore to factory settings/new iPod all you apps data ill be lost

Feb 1, 2014 4:01 PM in response to Kalinimbus

After about 2 months scrolling through these forums I finally found a fix for this problem! I simply turned off the "Sync Music" checkbox on the "Music" tab in the page for the device on iTunes. I then checked the "Manually manage music and videos" box at the bottom of the device summary page, selected all of my music in my library and simply dragged it all to the device and the music is now all playable on my iPhone (with no duplicates, despite dragging all of my music onto the device). This was such an easy and annoyingly simple fix so hope it works for you too!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.