Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Time Machine back up stickies, iphoto, and itunes?

What does Time Machine back up exactly? And if it does back up the things mentioned in my question, where are they stored? I ask because I just spilled water on my keyboard and some of the keys are being weird and I have a lot of important things on my laptop. Thanks for the help!!

MacBook

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 5:37 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2013 8:27 AM in response to marr2012

Hey marr2012,

Thanks for the question. I understand you have some questions about Time Machine. The following resource has some great information:

Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1427

Time Machine is the built-in backup feature of OS X that works with your Mac and an external drive (sold separately) or AirPort Time Capsule. Connect the drive, tell Time Machine to use it, and relax. Time Machine automatically backs up your entire Mac, including system files, applications, accounts, preferences, email messages, music, photos, movies, and documents. But what makes Time Machine different from other backup applications is that it not only keeps a spare copy of every file, it remembers how your system looked on any given day—so you can revisit your Mac as it appeared in the past. Time Machine keeps hourly backups for the past 24 hours, daily backups for the past month, and weekly backups until your backup drive is full.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Does Time Machine back up stickies, iphoto, and itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.