Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does Documents & Data consist of? Its taking up a lot of space on my iPhone 5.

I'm trying to figure out what Documents & Data is consisted of becauses the space its taking up is increasing and my free space is decreasing. I have tried deleting apps, notes and text messages but that still hasnt helped.

Someone help before I run out of space pls!!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 9:25 PM

Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage > Documents & Data and you will learn a bit more about what's there.

4 replies

Sep 27, 2014 12:35 PM in response to sberman

I have been trying to fix this all day today. I have nothing in my "Documents & Data" on my iPhone except 6.3 KB for "Dictionary.com" (don't know why that App would be in Docs & Data but its the only thing there).

But in iTunes on my Mac it says 2.08 GB are taken by Documents & Data and another 2.18 GB are "Other". I don't have any documents that connect to Apps, and have dumped 90% of my email.

Any idea what causes half my iPhone space to be taken by these things? I have no idea (LOL!

Thank you!

Dec 2, 2016 6:23 AM in response to shaaylee

Easiest solution without having to delete every message in your mail list one after one(which didn't help me anyway) is to simply go to your email accounts in settings of your iPhone and deleting whole account(I do have few) and then setting(or adding, if you preffer) the same account you deleted over again.

I deleted one out of four email accounts I manage with my iPhone (it is web mail pop account) and Viola! 2.1GB of data were freed just in matter of 30 seconds.

😎

What does Documents & Data consist of? Its taking up a lot of space on my iPhone 5.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.