Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded songs not showing on iPhone or iTunes

Recently downloaded an album from iTunes using my iPhone 4 using iOS 7, worked fine for a while then my iPhone started randomly removing songs and made them available to download from the iCloud.

* I have my iPhone backed up to my computer (not to the cloud), files for the songs are not showing up in my library on my computer's harddrive.

* I've tried syncing my iPhone to my iTunes, it does not recognize that the songs are in my library or in my "Purchase" playlist.

* Looked on the iTunes store and it shows the album is purchased, but won't allow me to re-download it.

This has happened with multiple albums, I just noticed because this is a fairly new purchase (within the past 2 weeks) and I enjoy listening to it. I've had this iPhone for 2.5 years now and have never had many issues till I downloaded iOS 7.

Any help or suggestions on recovering "lost" albums would be appreciated.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 8:37 PM

4 replies

Nov 12, 2013 12:58 AM in response to steveb106

A device's backup doesn't contain the contents of the Music nor Videos apps. If the songs are still on your phone then you should be able to copy them over to your computer's iTunes via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases, or you might be able to redownload them on your computer via the Purchased link under Quicklinks on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage on your computer's iTunes (music can't be redownloaded in all countries) :

User uploaded file

Downloaded songs not showing on iPhone or iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.