Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod not syncing music

I have an iPod 5 with the latest update. And in addition to the other problems I have met with this new iOS7, the biggest is not syncing music. At first it just didn't sync new music. I would unplug it and start over and resync many times but to no avail. I eventually removed all music and then tried readding them and now only the first song of each album shows up. Then I tried restoring the iPod and that appearently made it worse because now less songs than before are showing up. I have over 2000 songs but still plenty of room for more so that can't be it and the songs that do appear now appear twice for some reason. One is apparently the purchased file and the other one is for icloud.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 8:55 PM

21 replies

Nov 12, 2013 2:53 PM in response to lllaass

Just tried uninstalling iTunes, it didn't work. In fact i think somehow more duplicates were made of songs I already have on my ipod. I've already tried restoring from back up and restoring to factory settings. But the songs still arent showing up. When I look at my iPod on iTunes, it says all the songs are there but they have an open circle next to them and the letters are a faded grey

Nov 16, 2013 6:07 AM in response to treemcd

When I updated it to the latest software, it went into recovery mode, so I had to do a restore. Better than it was the last time. Needed a restore after update upon update.

Just curious to know, have you tried add a new song/album to your library and does it add the new song or album? As before nothing new got added to the library.

Nov 25, 2013 6:48 AM in response to Darion1A

I may be in a similar boat. I had to recreate playlists since changing out hard drives on my computer. Today I attempted to resync my iPod Classic to iTunes; it recognizes the device, iPod itself gives indicators that it's syncing, but it finishes rather quickly. I take a look through the iPod, to find that nothing has been sync'ed. Then I've made the mistake of clicking [Restore iPod...]. Now I have a completely blank iPod that does not sync. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes onto my computer, and this still didn't fix the issue. I've clicked on the [Check for Update], only to for a popup saying that the iPod is at its most current version. I'm running out of options here, and I'm not at all prepared to buy a new iPod. What is the issue here?

Nov 25, 2013 8:27 AM in response to nobunaga1981

Hello nobunaga1981!

This is the forum for iPod Touch, your query should be posted on the iPod Classic forum. In regard to your issue, Have you authorized and deauthorized your computer in iTunes to sync content from that computer to your iPod? as you have changed hard drives on your computer.

Or another option would be to uncheck "Sync Music" apply the changes and then check it again and apply the changes,

and see if that sync's content onto your iPod.

How old is the iPod?

I would've recommended that you try a restore on the iPod, but from your post I see you have done multiple things to try and fix the problem. If the above options don't work, the only advice I can give you is to drop in to your nearest Apple Store and make an appointment at the Genius Bar to check the problem out.

Hope you get it sorted soon. Good luck! If anyone has experienced the same issue, post your solutions or recommendations.

Best,

OrlaG

Nov 25, 2013 10:01 AM in response to ÓrlaG

Ok, backtrack a bit. You said 'authorize and deauthorize your computer in iTunes to sync content from that computer to iPod;' how do you do this? I was unaware such an option existed. You're going to have to walk me through this.

There are other steps you listed that I was simply not aware of: 'uncheck 'sync' music, apply changes, re'sync' and reapply changes. Again, I need to be walked through those steps; I wouldn't know how to proceed from where I'm at. And to answer your question, I bought my iPod in late 2011, and I did not purchase the warranty; an unfortunate consequence of penny-pinching. I would like to get this sorted out before my departure 0500 hrs CT Tuesday morning.

Nov 25, 2013 10:33 AM in response to ÓrlaG

Oh my Godzilla...

That was it! That was the key: Authorizing/Deauthorizing the computer! I clicked on the [Authorize this Computer] option, and sure enough, I saw the familiar prompts to properly sync the media.

I apologize for the way I responded, but dead ends to some solutions tend to trigger anxiety attacks in me, which interfere with how I handle things and react to certain situations. When I calmed down enough, I gained enough clarity to google-search how to Authorize/Deauthorize. You helped me big time. Thanks a mil.

iPod not syncing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.