Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete an event in iCal

I'm trying to delete an event from my iCal & a message pops up saying that only the calendar admin can make changes in the "Contacts birthdays & events".

Since it's my calendar, aren't I the admin? This contact is no longer in my contacts book. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 8:13 PM

6 replies

Jul 11, 2017 4:22 AM in response to JKONeil

Are there any more admin accounts in your computer , or are you a single administrator , is this machine a refurbished .

As , if one has created an gmail account and I cloud account and , if calendar application is opened and event is created on a date , just right clicking on an event and click on delete . And it will never ask admin password while deleting .

Some information is needed .

User uploaded file

Nov 12, 2013 11:33 PM in response to JKONeil

From this page:

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37098?hl=en

Contacts' birthdays and events

When you subscribe to this calendar, all of your contacts' birthdays will display as All Day events in Google Calendar. Data is pulled from Google Contacts, which you can access via http://www.google.com/contacts (or, if you have a Gmail account, click Contacts from your inbox).

Have you tried removing the date from your Gmail contacts?

Best wishes

John M

Jan 28, 2014 5:38 PM in response to JKONeil

If you go to your "System Preferences" -> "Internet Accounts" -> Google or Facebook as examples. There will be check or uncheck boxes for Contacts and Calendar. If they are checked this will any event to your iCalendar. You need to uncheck them.

Or you can totally disable the account at the lower bottom left corner "Enable this Account" and uncheck it.

User uploaded file

Cheers,

Michael

I can't delete an event in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.