Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto archiving gmail messages

Since I upgraded to Mavericks, incoming Gmail messages automatically get archived. How do I stop this?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 8:19 PM

6 replies

Jan 12, 2014 2:50 PM in response to mmahre

I just noticed the archiving problem today when I searched for some e-mails. Mail or Google moved gmail messages in an IMAP account to a folder:

Archive

Gmail (All mail)

All messages to the IMAP account are apparently copied to the Archive folder upon receipt. I have a rule set up that moves all of the IMAP mail to a folder. Unless I file those messages somewhere else, some of them are moved to the Gmail Archive folder within a month; some are left in the folder to which they were moved by the rule. If I file those messages somewhere else, it appears that the original stays where I filed it.

Another Gmail account that is set up as POP is not affected. It doesn't even seem that those messages are copied to the Archive folder.

I have all the most recent Mavericks updates installed. And, BTW, this action is MOST ANNOYING I don't care to have anyone or anything move my mail around without my explicit permission.

Message was edited by: BobKenya

Auto archiving gmail messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.