Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcasts within podcast app no longer refresh

I'm using the Podcasts App 2.0 on an iPhone 5 with iOS7 and recently some podcasts no longer seem to "refresh" as they used to prior to the update.

I prefer to manually refresh my podcasts that I subscribe to and then download individual episodes instead of automatically refreshing every day, etc..

Certain podcasts when I browse the "store" and do a "search" it shows newer episodes for particualr podcasts that I can manually download from there, but for some reason the subscriptions/new episodes within my app on my iPhone do not show up.

My settings are: subscription = ON, refresh podcast = manually, episodes to keep = all, auto-download = off, sort order = new on top, play order = newest first

Not all podcasts are doing this.

I've even deleted certain podcasts, searched the store and re-downloaded/subscribed and that didn't solve the problem. I actually had even more problems doing that as some podcasts downloaded really old episdodes only and not newer ones, and/or certain episodes gave me an error message saying "podcast episode is temporarily offline" when I tried playing back a new episode.

I've done a search in this forum and a lot of the issues seem to be centered around syning between devices which I don't do for my podcasts and I haven't syncd in a few months. Even after syncing, the issue still persisted. Really frustrating.

Suggestions? Thanks for reading.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 9:15 PM

26 replies

Feb 8, 2014 11:45 PM in response to Teal

I've read a workaround in a german discussion board: Synchronize your device with iTunes, deselect "Synchronize Podcasts" and then synchronize your device again, reselect "Synchronize Podcasts" and synchronize your device a third time. This way all your podcast-episodes will be deleted and transfered again each time, but it works for me.

Sometimes some episodes are grayed-out. I use an iPod touch for listening to podcasts. As soon as the iPod touch gets WiFi-connectivity, the grayed-out episodes appear as normal episodes you can listen to.

Nevertheless i hope that Apple will release a fix for the Podcasts-App very soon!

podcasts within podcast app no longer refresh

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.