Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Err Msg: You need a newer version of Pages to open this Document? I am already on the latest version?

Hi there! I am recently on Maverick & the latest version of PAGES. I just went to open up a PAGES document & got the following error message.

You need a newer version of Pages to open this document.

You can download the latest version of Pages form the Mac App Store.

I confirmed I am on the latest version of Pages by visiting the Mac App Store. When I visit it says INSTALLED.

I created this document with the latest version of Pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much & continue Being Brilliant out there!

: )

Pages -OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Pages 09 version 4.3 1048

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 12:07 AM

You probably have opened tyid to open a Pages 5.0 document in Pages 09 which you still have on you computer. The icons for the applications in the Dock or the Launch Pad are not changed. That you have to do your self.

3 replies

Nov 13, 2013 8:49 PM in response to fruhulda

Hi there fruhulda,

Thanks so much for your reply. I am truly grateful. I apologize in advance for just learning this now & from you! Thank you again! Your explanation sounds right? I defintely did not change those. Currently, I already have documents created in Pages 09 & Pages 5.0 on my computer. Do I switch back & forth or should I remove Pages 09 from my computer? If I remove Pages 09 will those already created documents be OK? Maybe I should just switch back? I also downloaded the new Keynote, will however I "fix" Pages be necessary for Keynote also?

Thanks again so much!! People like you make the world a brighter place!! : ) StaySm:)ing & Being Brilliant!!

Nov 13, 2013 10:22 PM in response to Smile4Me

Don't remove Pages 09 (or iWork). Use pages 09 for Pages 09 documents and Pages 5.0 for newer documents if you need to use them over the iCloud.

Pages 09 has tons of more features than Pages 5.0. The latter is stripped of many of the feature to make it leaner for the iCloud communication.

Tak you time and read thread in this forum about it.

Err Msg: You need a newer version of Pages to open this Document? I am already on the latest version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.