Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos app - streaming videos problem

I love having my iCloud movies show up in the videos app, however I've noticed that after streaming one or two of them, the iPad will start getting ridiculously slow to the point where I can only play a couple of minutes of the movie before it goes totally out of sync and generally lags 30 seconds behind or so.

This seems to be related to the fact that the 'other' storage space on my iPad starts consuming up to 15Gb of data and the 'lagging' generally only starts when the space gets near to zero.

Now I get that when streaming the movies it must be temporarily downloading them to the device but there seems to be a problem with the way the cache is flushed as this data never goes away and the movies are not actually shown as 'downloaded' on the device. So I end up with a full iPad, all stuffed with 'other' and the inability to play any new streamed movies without total stutter.

As far as I can tell the only way I could get around this is to actually download the movie each time but it's kind of an annoying 'bug' if you can call it that. Anyone have any similar problems or know if there is an easy way to avoid this / flush the cache?

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 12:55 AM

5 replies

Nov 12, 2013 5:22 AM in response to Alfred DeRose

Okay, so I reset it and then tried playing again. Still gets to a point where it completely lags. In fact when you press pause, the film doesn't pause straight away, it has to catch up with itself and plays all the bits it is behind on if that makes sense.

And the 'other' category for storage is still full, up at 12GB at the moment.

On a side note, not sure why my previous reply says it is 'solved'. And not sure how to 'unsolve' it.

Videos app - streaming videos problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.