Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL and Maverick -- Mail issues

would there be any reason for email not to show up in AOL on computer (JUST upgraded to Maverick OS) but shows up okay in mail on phone? does it have to do with Mail settings, or is this an AOL bug? I'm helping my mom. THANKS.

iMac (20-inch Early 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9), AOL

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 5:32 AM

7 replies

Nov 14, 2013 8:29 AM in response to afsplays

Not Happy Mavericks.

I am also experiencing several strange things with Mac Mail and my AOL account since the Mavericks upgrade. Most annoying is that I'm unable to send email through Mac Mail. (my browser and/or phone work fine) I have changed nothing in my settings, have rebuilt my mailboxes and have trashed the prefs file per instruction I located in this forum (most having to do with the wider spread GMail issues).

I have used AOL for years with Mac Mail and can troubleshoot AOLs occasional quirks pretty well.

Right now (with all standard AOL mail account settings left in place) - I'm unable to send mail, my sent mail appears in my Trash mailbox (repeated many times depending on how long I spent creating said email) but never makes it to the recipient and I am receiving no indication or bounceback that my mail is not getting through.

It's obviously not an AOL issue - their IMAP and SMTP settings are pretty straight forward and I know my way around the occasional verification block and port issue with AOL.

It's like Mavericks scrambled Mac Mail's understanding of how it's supposed to talk with AOL.

Mavericks is great - except the most important thing I need to do in it.

Not happy.

Please advise.

Nov 15, 2013 8:36 AM in response to afsplays

I too am unable to send mail from my AOL account after upgrading to Mavericks. I can get mail but cannot send. My outgoing mail server configuration is unchanged from what worked before the Mavericks upgrade.

• SMTP Server: smtp.aol.com
  • TLS Certificate: none
  • Use default ports (25, 465, 587)
  • Use SSL
  • Authentication: Password

Hello, Apple. What's the fix for this problem?

AOL and Maverick -- Mail issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.