Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pentax K3 Raw pictures are not recognized by Aperture 3.5. Importing these photos leads to error message. Any tips?

I recently bought the Pentax K3 SLR. Before I used the K5 with Aperture without any problem. Now when i try to import raw images the message is "image not recognized". It makes no difference if I use the DNG Raw or Raw+ or the PEF pentax raw format. Jpegs are no problem but I want to use raw data. Does anybody have any hints?

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 5:43 AM

7 replies

Nov 12, 2013 6:32 AM in response to Oliver Grehl

Each raw support is camera specific - different sensors, different lens.

Apple has been pretty quick with raw support lately, a new raw support release every few month, but it is very hard to predict. Some cameras have never been supported. I am still waiting for the support for my camera after three years.

You could use the camera specific software to convert your raw files to a supported format, while you are waiting, or shoot raw+jpeg, and use the jpeg as originals. That can be reversed, when the raw support is available.

Pentax K3 Raw pictures are not recognized by Aperture 3.5. Importing these photos leads to error message. Any tips?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.