Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

an error occurred downloading iOS 7.0.3

I have an iPad that is currently on iOS 7.0, I am trying to update to 7.0.3 using the OTA update. I keep getting an error reading "Software Update Failed an error occurred downloading iOS 7.0.3" We have 1100 iPad Retinas and I have only seen this problem on 1 iPad.

These devices came to us pre-enrolled in JAMF's MDM "Casper" using the supervision of apple configurator. These were configurated on a device that we do not have access to and they are set to not allow connection from another Mac so iTunes update is out of the question.

I have attempted the update on several different networks and still no luck. I know it is not Apples servers this time as it has been weeks since the new OS was released and it hasn't failed on any other devices.

It goes all the way through the download and then fails when it says "Preparing". Any ideas of something to try?

iPad, iOS 7.0.2, Updating to iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 7:49 AM

There are no replies.

an error occurred downloading iOS 7.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.