Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview - Actual size is wrong

I use Preview to check images. Until Mavericks, showing a picture in actual size worked.

Now, when I open a picture in Maverick in actual size, the picture is enlarged (I have a retina display), I have to zoom out to see in in actual size.

What's wrong?

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 8:21 AM

Preview>Preferences>images> change your setting here.

User uploaded file

28 replies

Nov 18, 2013 9:34 AM in response to leroydouglas

Hi leroydouglas

I am aware of this. But, as said above, the Command 0 is not showing me photos as per there true actual size, even if my preferences are set correctly. It used to work before Mavericks.

Nov 18, 2013 10:25 AM in response to Community User

It still works for me in Mavericks just like it always has.

I would suggest creating a temporary guest account and see if your problem persist. This would indicate a universal problem with your Preview.

Then try a Safeboot and see if the problem is resolved. This would indicate a third party interference.

This might narrow down a path to resolve your issue.

Nov 18, 2013 6:51 PM in response to leroydouglas

I tried both of your suggestions.

Temporary account: same problem

Safeboot: Interestingly, in this mode, "CMD +", and "CMD -" both works, but with "CMD 0", the image disapears! It comes back one I use CMD + or - again...

Any further advices?

Thanks!!!

Nov 18, 2013 6:57 PM in response to Community User

Tic_Tac wrote:

I use Preview to check images. Until Mavericks, showing a picture in actual size worked.

Now, when I open a picture in Maverick in actual size, the picture is enlarged (I have a retina display), I have to zoom out to see in in actual size.

What's wrong?

In Actual Size does it say 100% in the menu bar?

On my non-Retina display, Preview is working the same as it did pre-Mavericks. I wonder if this is an issue with Retina displays specifically?

Phil

Nov 18, 2013 7:09 PM in response to leroydouglas

Yes, that might be the thing to do. Do you confirm that this is working fine with a retina display on your computer?

What is the difference between "CMD + R" and "OPT CMD + R" ?

Thanks

Nov 21, 2013 6:45 AM in response to Community User

Spoke to an Apple senior advisor this morning.

This is a known issue at Apple. Will be fixed eventually, dont know exactly when.

But they definitely confirmed that they are aware of the probem.

Nov 24, 2013 8:37 AM in response to Community User

I can confirm the same issue. It seems that Peview, Safari, Chrome are affected. When the image is opened in Safari or Chrome and zommed out to 100% the image is twice as big as it was under Mountain Lion - no retina functionality. But when the images are bult in into hi-dpi www pages it works properly.

Maybe it is connected to the changes introduced in the scope of the image displaying on non hi-dpi www pages that are now diplayed with no an ugly blur effect.

I hope this will be fixed soon as it is annoying that the retina is not currently supported in such a base tool like Preview.

Preview - Actual size is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.