Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access my default gateway to get to my router? I also need my username and password to the router

I have a new VOIP phone service and I am unable to access my default gateway, which is 10.0.1.1 which should take you to your router. I need to check reset/fix the router. I also need to get my username and password to access the router. I can't use my phone unless I have this information.

Airport Wireless-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 8:45 AM

What is the make & model of this router?

8 replies

Nov 14, 2013 3:06 AM in response to Tesserax

When the telephone company used the remote to try to get to the default gateway (10.0.1.1), they could not access the router. Tried to get there by typing 10.0.1.1 in the address bar. It just kept giving an error page that there is no such address as www.10.0.1.1. So, they told me to contact my wireless router company to find out the questions originally asked.

Nov 14, 2013 2:41 PM in response to alfalaq

Ok thank you for clarifying that for me.

I believe that the phone company needs to know your AirPort's WAN-side (public IP address) in order for them to remote access the device.

To find out what your current public IP address is you can use a web-based program, like: My WAN IP. This is the IP address that your ISP is assigning (via your modem) to the Express.

How do I access my default gateway to get to my router? I also need my username and password to the router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.