Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes x64 Windows 8.1 Itunes 11.1.3, Itunes doesn't display airplay icon for multi speakers, it does appear when my iphone connects via airplay to my airport express being used for wireless audio. How to fix ?

Here goes, when Itunes is started (have tried pc reboot and itunes restart) no airplay icon, even though my airport express is connected to second stereo, with green light and confirmed newest firmware for device id A1264 etc. Can send audio to device and device works well.

BUT

Itunes can only see the wireless speakers when another airplay device (my iphone) pairs and PLAYS via the wireless speakers. THEN Itunes shows the airplay icon, I can then pair my PC to the wireless speakers, connect (says can't play audio because speakers are already paired), disconnect iphone airplay and then the PC connects and can play through wireless speakers.

This is a long process, some sort of glitch etc. and I figure it's an airport express thing maybe that is not announcing itself on the WIFI until it pairs to my iphone, or maybe it's a pc problem that my airplay networking via my PC is not announcing itself properly to bonjour WIFI ?

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks,

Laurent

Itunes, airport express-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 9:09 AM

14 replies

Nov 24, 2013 1:40 AM in response to ENRONTO

Open control panel.

Choose Network and internet

Select the VIEW NETWORK STATUS TASKS under NETWORK and SHARING CENTER section

Choose wireless Network Connection or something similiar. If connected with ethernet then select it and press right button.

Click the properties button

Find Internet ''PROTOCOL VERSION 6(TCP/IPv6)'' anduncheck it, then click OK.

Click CLOSE

Restart your PC and try.

Reason For Problem

When u will use ipV6 , you have to setup your router and lan/wifi in ipv6 mode. Then bejour pass sound through ipv6 but when you use 2 mode ( ipv4 and ipv6 ) together benjour gets confuse some time it pass through in ipv6 and sometime ipv4 .if your router setup is ipv4 then, when banjour pass sound through ipv6 you will not see airplay button in itunes.

Hope it's clear to everyone .

Itunes

Dec 13, 2013 12:48 AM in response to AvidAppler

Still not fixed for me. I think this workaround only works if the computer with iTunes installed into it connects to your network via wifi. My PC (windows 8.1, iTunes 11.1.3) is connected by wired Ethernet to the router, which then connects to the airport express by wifi, and turning IPv6 off has no effect.

If I reboot the PC, iTunes will recognise the airport speakers, and remote will work on my iPhone, but only for a shirt while, before disappearing again.

Dec 13, 2013 3:50 AM in response to RemonJap

Hi, Sorry I should have added:

• IPv6 is set to 'local lick only' in the Airport Utility (in the advanced section).
  • IPv6 is set to 'Disabled' in the router.
  • TCP/IPv6 is unchecked in the LAN connection status properties on the PC. This can be verified as the status windows says "IPv6 Connectivity: No network access"

Note that I have to restart the PC to be able to see the Airport Express in the Airport Utility program. If I try to open Airport Ulitilty after Airplay icon has disappeared from iTunes, the airport utility can't see the AE anymore, despite clicking 'rescan' a number of times.

Apr 17, 2014 9:36 AM in response to ENRONTO

I see this thread is sevral months old, but recently Windows 8.1 just updated and I had an intermittent issue with connecting iTunes with Airport. There was another update that needed a reboot and at that point I could no longer connect iTunes via Airport, Airport was working, I could see it on my PC.

Using the instructions above and clicking off ipv6 worked perfect for me. If anyone recently has ad this issue, try this fix.

Apr 20, 2014 10:49 AM in response to hookbill

i'm having the same problem. at first when i got my PC, i wasn't familiar with the "Bonjour" program so i deleted. only to find out that i need it for my itunes etc.... which i reinstalled. then purchasing my apple tv in december, 2013 it kept going in and out. i thought it was my HDMI wire. SInce then i have reinstalled Itunes and changed my HDMI wire, my air play was working fine up until last week when i installed my update for windows 8.1. you mentioned to try this fix? which fix? do you think there is an update for air play? (here): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1998 my next step is maybe to bring my apple tv to apple to run a diagnostic check.

thanks,

Itunes x64 Windows 8.1 Itunes 11.1.3, Itunes doesn't display airplay icon for multi speakers, it does appear when my iphone connects via airplay to my airport express being used for wireless audio. How to fix ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.