Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change imessage picture

Hi, I wanna know how can I change my picture in iMessage in my MacBook with Mavericks, thanks.

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 11:19 AM

Hi,

Two ways.

With Buddy List.

In Messages > Preferences > Accounts enable th Bonjour one if you have no other accounts other than iMessages.

In the Window Menu display the "Buddies" option.

Double click the current pic to reveal the change panel.

It should open on Recents, showing you the current choice and any other pic that has been used in System Preferences > User and Groups > you account > Picture, and the Contacts App > My Card > your pic. (you can set all three to be different but in Mavericks they have Common Recents Folder.)

The Panel should also show your Defaults (all the Pics that can be chosen for the Mac User Account Login pic and the "iChat Icons")

The iCloud (previously PhotoStream).

Faces (although the link to iPhoto does not work)

Camera

Linked (those used in the Login Pic and Contacts > My Card pic.)

Method 2.

Messages Menu > Change my Picture

This does not have the Faces, Linked or the iCloud one but does have "Other" instead which can navigate to any where on the Hard Drive but starts at "Pictures".

Example Pic with the Menu, it's Panel and the Buddy List drop down

User uploaded file

Method 2 does not seem to work so well when you only have an iMessage Account Logged in.

This may be because the process was the Menu Method from iChat and not all menu items work with all windows that are open or all parts of the App.

User uploaded file
7:19 pm Wednesday; November 13, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2013 11:19 AM in response to Liza Elena

Hi,

Two ways.

With Buddy List.

In Messages > Preferences > Accounts enable th Bonjour one if you have no other accounts other than iMessages.

In the Window Menu display the "Buddies" option.

Double click the current pic to reveal the change panel.

It should open on Recents, showing you the current choice and any other pic that has been used in System Preferences > User and Groups > you account > Picture, and the Contacts App > My Card > your pic. (you can set all three to be different but in Mavericks they have Common Recents Folder.)

The Panel should also show your Defaults (all the Pics that can be chosen for the Mac User Account Login pic and the "iChat Icons")

The iCloud (previously PhotoStream).

Faces (although the link to iPhoto does not work)

Camera

Linked (those used in the Login Pic and Contacts > My Card pic.)

Method 2.

Messages Menu > Change my Picture

This does not have the Faces, Linked or the iCloud one but does have "Other" instead which can navigate to any where on the Hard Drive but starts at "Pictures".

Example Pic with the Menu, it's Panel and the Buddy List drop down

User uploaded file

Method 2 does not seem to work so well when you only have an iMessage Account Logged in.

This may be because the process was the Menu Method from iChat and not all menu items work with all windows that are open or all parts of the App.

User uploaded file
7:19 pm Wednesday; November 13, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Jul 22, 2014 11:44 AM in response to Pro Optics

Hi,

You "replied" the Original Poster who asked the Question.

My reply which details "Method 2" in the Post that in now included with hers in the green bordered manner to denote it was the answer the Original Poster had marked as Correct (Green Tick).

Seems you might need to check your Pro Optics out 😁 😀 (that's Laugh, Grin, Mischief)

User uploaded file

7:44 pm Tuesday; July 22, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Jul 22, 2014 1:00 PM in response to Pro Optics

Oh well,

I tried.

Your posting name suggested glasses.

The Original post was close on 8 month ago and was answered and marked as Correct (i.e. the answer works).

There would be nothing gained in "Answering" the question again - the Original Poster cannot award you a Correct.

I checked how long you had been on the Apple Support Communities and found you joined in 2012.

From that I presumed you had worked out how the boards worked and had just missed the date of the post.

Whilst I do realise that humour does not always travel I did add the text to indicate which Smilies I had used.

I sorry you failed to see the humour, especially as I thought I had taken enough care.

I don't wait. I just read all the posts coded with Messages/iMessages in Mavericks and Mountain Lion and the whole of the iChat Community ones.

Bye.

User uploaded file

9:00 pm Tuesday; July 22, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Change imessage picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.