Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks Author movies not displaying properly

The two movies in my portrait IBA book play OK on an iPad when selected using thumbnails at the foot of the TOC, but when selected by other methods e.g. swiping from previous page, or selecting from the TOC list, the first frame appears briefly then vanishes, leaving a page that is blank apart from the page number. The full-screen movies (2x size at 2048x1536px) were made with Tumult Hype, made into .mov files with QuickTime screen recording, then resized to 1024x768 and converted to m4v using Subler. The book is synced from iTunes. Can anyone help please?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5), iBA 2.1.1, iPad 2 iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 11:25 AM

Are these for use with an HTML widget?

Sounds like some of the apps used in the video prep process may not be generating fully compatible video for use w/iBA.

Can you simplify the process (first/only Hype, then run thru iTunes, exporting as an iPad video/.m4v), then add that to an iBA book and check again?

See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5065

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2013 11:25 AM in response to rogerhillier

Are these for use with an HTML widget?

Sounds like some of the apps used in the video prep process may not be generating fully compatible video for use w/iBA.

Can you simplify the process (first/only Hype, then run thru iTunes, exporting as an iPad video/.m4v), then add that to an iBA book and check again?

See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5065

Nov 13, 2013 2:04 AM in response to K T

Thanks very much K T, and I've also been reading your iBA Tips and Tricks 01 - very helpful.

I didn't use widgets to add the videos, just drag-and-drop to the relevant iBA pages. This worked perfectly for an early version of one of the videos, but the other one did the intermittent disappearing act straight away. Unfortunately I can't remember any difference between the way I'd made each one.

I'm sure you're right that I should try to simplify the process and I will try that next. Thanks again.

iBooks Author movies not displaying properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.