Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone not verifying outlook.com email info.

When I go into settings to add a new email account using outlook.com, I put in my correct email and password. But my iphone says it can't verify it, why is this? I'm logged on to my outlook email on safari, so why is it not working when I try to add a new account on my iphone 4 running ios7.0?

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 1:29 PM

Hi there SF_Toro,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

iOS: Troubleshooting Mail

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3899

-Griff W.

13 replies

Nov 28, 2013 7:29 AM in response to SF_Toro

Hey, I think you may be having the same issue as I was just having.

If you have a new outlook.com account or have recently changed your password on your outlook.com account you probably have Two-Step verification turned on and your iOS device needs the unique password that Outlook.com generates so it knows the device is approved by you to use with your account.

Login to Outlook.com on a computer and look under Account Settings>Security Info, from here you have two alternatives.

1) Less Secure Option --> Turn Off two-step verfication and use your regular password on your iOS device.

2) More Secure Option --> Turn Off two-step verification and then turn it back on again. you will see the link "I sync my Outlook.com email on an iPhone" click this and follow the instructions. You will be given a unique password to enter on your iOS device. Enter it and try logging in again.

I hope this works for you, it fixed my issue.

Apr 26, 2014 2:24 PM in response to SF_Toro

I had this exact problem. In fact it was from upgrading from a 4s to a 5s. The 4s continues to work and when i did a restore to the 5s it took accross all the mail settings except that it began asking for the password.

It would not accept the mail password.

would not verify even when settings up as a new account

Logging into outlook.com (hotmail) continued to work with that password on my laptop

Finally after trying numerous other things I resorted to changing my outlook.com password via my computer. Having changed the password now I could set up my outlook.com mail on my iphne and it verified the settings no bother.

Hope this helps someone eles...but what a pain

May 13, 2014 7:23 AM in response to SF_Toro

If none of the below instructions work I was able to get my Outlook loaded by going to Settings-Mail and choosing "Other" rather than "Outlook". If you have the "Outlook" already loaded under Mail, delete that account. Once I entered my email address it asked only for my password and automatically entered both my incoming and outgoing mail servers. It was quick and simple

Iphone not verifying outlook.com email info.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.