Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Over the years I have backed up my ifoto albums on discs. Now with the new ifoto in 10.7.5 I can't see the fotos from five year old discs--only a dotted line outline of the fotos, all black and white; no images. What gives? and how can I view them?

Over the years I have backed up my ifoto albums on discs. Now with the new ifoto I cannot see any fotos when I insert the 'old' discs, just dotted lines around where the foto should be. How can I view the fotos? They were backed up for security, but now they are so secure I can't view them! Help!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 11:02 AM

1 reply

Nov 12, 2013 11:09 AM in response to bigjohn15

If you're running iPhoto 9.5 you'll need to follow these directions in order to view disk created by previous versions of iPhoto:

1 - Copy the library from the disk to the Desktop.

2 - Double click on the iPhoto Library Upgrader tool to launch it and select the library on the desktop to convert.

3 - Once that is done you can open it with iPhoto 9.5.

From iPhoto 9.5: Using iPhoto libraries saved to CD or DVD

OT

Over the years I have backed up my ifoto albums on discs. Now with the new ifoto in 10.7.5 I can't see the fotos from five year old discs--only a dotted line outline of the fotos, all black and white; no images. What gives? and how can I view them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.