Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5C and Nissan Sentra iPod cable

I have a 2011 Nissan Sentra which came with an iPod connector cable, allowing me to charge my old iPhone 4S while also playing my music through the stero (with ability to use steering wheel controls to shuffle through songs):

User uploaded file

I recently upgrded to an iPhone 5C, which of course is not compatible with the cable. So, I bought a Lightning to 30-pin adapter and connected it to the cable. When I connect my iPhone 5C to the adapter, it charges the phone, but does not play the music through the stereo/the car doesn't recognize it as a music device.

This is definitely classified as a first world problem, but I was so used to plugging in my phone and controling my music on the steering wheel - it was great! Now, I have to use an auxilary cable and control the music manually. I don't feel safe looking down at my phone every few minutes to change the song. And it doesn't display the song/artist on the radio this way either.

If anyone has any solutions, I would be VERY grateful! Calling Nissan has led me nowhere - they don't have an updated cable, nor does any retailer. Wish it was a simple USB cable! Many thanks for your help.

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 11:47 AM

Is the Lightning to 30-pin adapter from Apple?

I have so far discovered two user with non-Apple adapters that were having problems. When I replaced their adapters with my Apple adapter everything started working correctly for them. My suggested solution to them was to get an adapter from Apple. They are happy now.

Allan

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2013 11:47 AM in response to Elyse Jankowski

Is the Lightning to 30-pin adapter from Apple?

I have so far discovered two user with non-Apple adapters that were having problems. When I replaced their adapters with my Apple adapter everything started working correctly for them. My suggested solution to them was to get an adapter from Apple. They are happy now.

Allan

iPhone 5C and Nissan Sentra iPod cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.