Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought an iPod Touch 5th Gen from ebay

I just bought an iPod Touch 5th Gen from ebay and it has another person's name/apple ID on it. I just messaged the person I bought it from but have a feeling they won't be the ones that own the icloud account. It needs to be removed from that account so I can activate it under my own apple ID and iCloud account. Is there anyway to do this without knowing the old account info? Can I contact Apple about this problem if it can not be resolved with the ebay seller?

Thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 12:20 PM

You will not be able to clear it, that is an anti-theft activation lock.

You need to resolve it with eBay and the seller. You will not be able to get any help from Apple unless you can prove that the person who's activation lock is on it legitimately sold it to the eBay seller or the eBay seller provides you with that documentation.

You might also want to have your local police check the serial number to see if it is stolen which I suspect it is.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2013 12:20 PM in response to LivingHebrew

You will not be able to clear it, that is an anti-theft activation lock.

You need to resolve it with eBay and the seller. You will not be able to get any help from Apple unless you can prove that the person who's activation lock is on it legitimately sold it to the eBay seller or the eBay seller provides you with that documentation.

You might also want to have your local police check the serial number to see if it is stolen which I suspect it is.

I just bought an iPod Touch 5th Gen from ebay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.