Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to either add an account to iCloud on my phone or erase the existing account and replace with the new one.

I have an account on my iPhone for iCloud that is no longer in effect. I cannot delete it as the password does not work. I have changed the (Apple) password several times today receiving a confirmation each time, but it does not accept the new password either. (I berlieve the user name/password is no longer in effect.) How do I eliminate the account on my phone and replace it with the one I need to use? (The current account is working (uploading, etc.) on my Mac but obviously not on my phone.)

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3, iTunes 11.1.3 on a MacBook Pro 10.9

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 12:56 PM

5 replies

Nov 12, 2013 1:32 PM in response to TWallenda

To change the iCloud account (ID) on your phone you have to go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, provide the password for the old ID when prompted to turn off Find My iPhone, then sign back in with the ID you wish to use. If you don't know the password for your old ID, or if it isn't accepted, go to https//appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Tap edit next to the primary email account, tap Edit, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You can now use your current password to turn off Find My iPhone on your device, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. Then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https//appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

Nov 13, 2013 5:29 AM in response to TWallenda

Thank you, I appreciate this input, but when I did as you said, first (at appleid.apple.com) the message read: Email address is already verified for another Apple ID. And on my device: Your Apple ID or password is incorrect. Still no change. (There is something wrong anyway with the original account as it won't let me verify with my birthdate and again, when I can change the password on that original account, it never takes.) Any further remedy that you can suggest will be very much appreciated.

I need to either add an account to iCloud on my phone or erase the existing account and replace with the new one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.