Just purchased a Vizio E55 240hz led 3D tv. Cannot connect my Apple Tv, it flickers then goes black. Did the upgrade but the same. Never had a problem before. No video or audio.
Hey there kwcommando,
It sounds like you connect your new TV to your AppleTV and you get no audio or video at all.
I want to recommend this info from the article to help troubleshoot the issue named:
Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting video issues
Your TV picture is completely black or has other quality issues such as static or blurry video
- Confirm the settings and configuration of your television.
- Check to verify that your TV's video input matches the HDMI connection.
- Refer to the manufacturer's user guide for assistance with changing your TV input or picture mode.
- Verify that your television meets the Apple TV minimum resolution requirements.
- Verify that the Apple TV's power cable and the HDMI cables are securely connected.
- When connecting to power, observe the front LED on your Apple TV for activity. If no light is visible, try a different power outlet or power strip.
- Connect the Apple TV directly to your television, bypassing any home theater receivers, splitters, repeaters, or switches temporarily.
- Inspect all cables for any kinks, tears, or other evidence of damage.
- Verify that the HDMI cable being used with your Apple TV is a bidirectional cable. Although rare, single-direction HDMI cables do exist. If unsure, try flipping the connection between your Apple TV and television.
- If all else fails, try a different HDMI cable.
- Change the Apple TV resolution:
- Press and hold the Menu and Up button on your Apple Remote for six seconds.
- The Apple TV will automatically cycle to the next resolution at approximately 20 second intervals.
- Press Play on the Apple Remote to keep the current resolution or Select to manually cycle to the next resolution.
- Reboot your Apple TV by holding down the Menu and Down button on the Apple Remote for six seconds. Allow the Apple TV a few minutes to restart.
Note: If the Apple TV video functions correctly after bypassing a receiver, switch, or repeater, please refer to the accessory manufacturer's user guide for additional support.
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.