Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Appstore say Page 5.0 is downloaded, but I only have Pages 4.0

I can not open any of my documents in the icloud with Pages 4.3, the version that I put the documents in icloud in the first place. It says that I need a newer version of Pages; Pages 5.0. However, when I go to the Appstore, it says that Pages has no updates and that Pages 5.0 is already installed. Why is this happening? And is it worth the struggle?

I asked this question before but my question was removed and I was unable to view all the answers I recieved, because apple said it was off topic. So this is attempt two.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), page not responding message

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 2:30 PM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2013 6:28 AM in response to cortleyann

Hello there cortleyann,

It sounds like you have Pages 5.0 installed but your documents keep trying to open with the previous version, 4.3. You can tell the operating system what program to open your pages documents with, and this article will show you how:

OS X Mountain Lion: Choose an app to open a document

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11329

Permanently change the document’s app

1. Select the document and choose File > Get Info.
  2. In the Info window, click the triangle next to “Open with” to expand the section.
  3. Choose an app from the pop-up menu, or choose Other to locate a different app.
  4. If you want to use that app to open all documents of the same type as the current document and created by the same app, click Change All.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

Nov 14, 2013 6:56 AM in response to cortleyann

Are you trying to open Pages 5 by clicking on an icon in the dock or in the Launch pad? If so it is because the installation didn't add the new icon in the Dock or Launch Pad. You still have Pages 4's icon there as you till have it in the Applications > iWork 09 folder.

Find the Pages 5 icon in the Applications folder (not iWork folder) and drag it to the Dock. It looks different from the older Pages icons.

The Appstore say Page 5.0 is downloaded, but I only have Pages 4.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.