Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendars issue after upgrading to Mavericks

I have just upgraded to OS X Mavericks 10.9 from Snow Leopard, and everything seems to be great - except for the calendar. I get a scrolling bar saying that it is 'moving calendars to server account'. Everything in calendar in effect locks up, Quit and Preferences are greyed out, and I have to Force Quit to leave it. I have tried unticking calendar in iCloud and reticking, restarting etc but to no avail. Any ideas?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 3:09 PM

1 reply

Nov 12, 2013 5:29 PM in response to stevefromevesham

Please read this whole message before doing anything.

Back up all data.

Before taking each of these steps, quit (force quit if necessary) the application. After taking the step, relaunch and test. When the problem is resolved (or when you complete Step 3 without resolving it), stop and close the Library folder.

Step 1

Hold down the option key and select

Go Library

from the Finder menu bar. From the folder that opens, move these subfolders (some may not exist) to the Trash, leaving the Library folder open:

• Calendars/Calendar Cache
  • Calendars/Calendar Cache-shm
  • Calendars/Calendar Cache-shm
Step 2

Move these files from the Library folder to the Desktop (again, some may not exist):
  • Containers/com.apple.CalendarAgent
  • Containers/com.apple.iCal
  • Preferences/com.apple.CalendarAgent.plist
  • Preferences/com.apple.iCal.plist
If the application now works, you may be able to put back some of the items you moved in this step, relaunching and testing after each one. Eventually you may find the one that caused the problem; delete it. Recreate your settings as necessary.

If the application still doesn't work, put back each of the items you moved in this step, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. You don't have to put back the files you moved in Step 1.

Step 3

Move this folder to the Desktop:

Calendars

Note: you're not moving the Calendars application; you're moving a folder named "Calendars". If there's no change, put the folder back where it was.

If the application works after you move the Calendars folder, the event database is corrupt. You have these choices:

• Restore the folder from a Time Machine snapshot or other backup that predates the corruption.
  • Use a third-party application such as Calendar Cleaner to try to repair the database.
  • For network calendar accounts, such as iCloud, all you should need to do is re-enter them in the preferences.
  • For subscribed calendars, you only need to re-subscribe.

calendars issue after upgrading to Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.