Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Q about multitimbral multichannel set up in MainStage 3

I'm confused about how MainStage 3 handles incoming MIDI as relates to MIDI channel. I get that some MainStage instruments (like the Vintage B3) are multitimbral. With the B3 you get the upper manual on incoming MIDI channel 1, lower manual on channel 2 and pedals on channel 3.

I'm looking for sort of the opposite. I'm looking to restrict a VI to only respond to one incoming MIDI channel. If I set up a channel strip with say the Vintage Clav and want to play it from my controller when I'm sending on MIDI channel 1, but stay silent when playing on any other MIDI channel from that controller I can't get it to happen. When I go to the Inspector and choose the MIDI Input tab there's a pop-up menu for Keyboard. I choose the option named Multitimbral, but no matter what I do in that dialog box I can't get the result I'm looking for. It always plays back on all MIDI channels.

Does anyone understand how this Multitimbral pop-up menu works?

Thanks,

--Kurt Cowling

P.S. It appears this works OK with thrid party VI's like Omnisphere, although ironically you need to leave the Keyboard pop-up set to just the keyboard itself and NOT Multitimbral mode. The problem lies with the included instruments from MainStage that aren't multitimbral by design.

Message was edited by: Kurt Cowling

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 3:14 PM

There are no replies.

Q about multitimbral multichannel set up in MainStage 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.