Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone dying at 30-50%?

Recently, my iPhone has been dying around 30-50%. I dont let my phone charge all the way and sometimes charge it around 50%. Not all the time though. and i read online to calibrate the battery.((Let it die completely, let sit for a while, then charge fully.)) I dont know if this will work but if you could, give me some ideas becaude i dont want a new phone or battery and dont want to backup or reset my phone. Do you know if this method will work?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2017 8:35 AM

Yeah, my phone keeps dying at 53%, and it's a pretty new phone too, maybe a year old. When my phone reaches around 50% it shuts off. But the second I plug it in to a power source and press the on button, the apple logo appears and it turns on again. Back at 50 something %. I reset all my settings, restarted my phone, but I'm still having the same problem. This has been a pain and it's only started in the last few days.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2017 8:35 AM in response to kaylabug2702

Yeah, my phone keeps dying at 53%, and it's a pretty new phone too, maybe a year old. When my phone reaches around 50% it shuts off. But the second I plug it in to a power source and press the on button, the apple logo appears and it turns on again. Back at 50 something %. I reset all my settings, restarted my phone, but I'm still having the same problem. This has been a pain and it's only started in the last few days.

Nov 12, 2013 3:19 PM in response to kaylabug2702

I would recommend that you close all apps, don't know which version of iOS you are using, but if it is 6.X double tap the home button to open up the multitask drawer, press and hold on any icon and then when they start to jiggle tap on the little x that appears in the top corner of the icon and close all apps. If you are on iOS 7.X double tap the home button and open the multitasking screen. Swipe up on all the apps and they will close.

Once this is done you want to reset your phone. This is not a restore, just a reset, you won't lose anything or have to reinstall anything. Hold both the Home and Sleep button down at the same time and wait for the Apple logo to appear and then release both buttons. Wait for the phone to restart.

Then let your phone run all the way down to dead and charge it over night. If this doesn't help you may want to do all the same things I listed above, but instead of the reset I described, do a Reset All Settings reset. You won't lose any content or media on your phone. It just resets all the settings back to factory default. So you will have to go back in and reset any settings you turned on or off.

It sounds like your battery meter is out of calibration. Unless you have a real problem with the battery in your phone, doing this should help your problem.

May 12, 2014 5:30 PM in response to kaylabug2702

I your iphone battery dies that low or skips around to different percenteges, then your phone battery is getting old. What happens is the battery starts to expand and is unnable to complete a full surcate thus, making it skip around percentages and turn off early. The battery can expand large enough to put too much pressure on your screen and shatter it.

iPhone dying at 30-50%?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.